Environmental Wellness is the interactions between a person and the environment around them. It is important to try and live in harmony with the earth and respect nature. A person should have positive interactions with nature and their personal environments.
We only get one earth to live on. It is important that we respect our environment and take care of what we have for not only ourselves but for the future.
Are you on track for managing environmental wellness? Find by completing the Environmental Wellness Assessment below.
Some ways that you can increase your environmental wellness is by:
- recycle your bottles, cans, and paper trash
- reuse plastic bags or use clothe bags for shopping trips
- Use reusable water bottles
- Reduce pollution to the air, water, and earth
- Spend more time enjoying outdoor activities
- Reduce paper mail
- subscribe to e-bills
- cut back on the amount of paper junk mail you receive
- Conserve natural resources
- cut back on electricity used, use natural light when possible
- reduce water usage, turn water off when brushing teeth or when washing dishes fill the sink with water so it isn’t constantly running.
- Support local agriculture
Environmental wellness is personal wellness – farmers’ almanac. (2011). Retrieved November 16, 2015, from http://farmersalmanac.com/health/2011/04/18/environmental-wellness-is-personal-wellness/
Plant wellness. (2011). SpringerReference. doi:10.1007/springerreference_224149
University of california, riverside. (n.d.). Retrieved November 16, 2015, from https://wellness.ucr.edu/environmental_wellness.html